SafeSkys is a contracted staff company providing specialist staff to airports. With a £multi-million turnover we bid for contracts to supply people to carry out airport tasks.
SafeSkys manages 2 distinct divisions:
- Air Traffic Control Services. We are an ANSP and plan to grow the ATC Services Division. This division provides turnkey ATC Services including ATC Engineering.
- Bird Control. We can set up a Bird Control Unit (BCU) at your airport or train your Ops/RFFS staff. Increasingly we are challenging existing providers of 13 km bird safety surveys and providing the tri-annual site surveys.
We were founded in 1993 to provide Air Traffic Control Services, Bird Control Services, Bird Control Training, associated ATC electronic engineering, ground school training for pilots and airport contracted services. The founders have over 40 years experience in the provision of airport services.
The company currently employs staff at nineteen airports and sites throughout the UK and Europe. SafeSkys has contracts with the Ministry of Defence and UK Regional Airports.
Memberships & Associations
SafeSkys is recognised by the UK Civil Aviation Authority and Eurocontrol, is a founder member of the British Airports Group (BAG) & the Farnborough Aerospace Consortium (FAC). SafeSkys is an associate member of the Airport Operators Association (AOA) and it's executives are members of the Guild of Air Traffic Control Officers (GATCO). SafeSkys is an accredited ANSP..
We hold BS EN ISO 9001:2008, BS EN ISO 14001:2004 and BS OHSAS 18001:2007 accreditation.
How We Can Help
- We can set up and manage a bird control unit for your airport. We already do this for military and civil UK airports.
- We can train your Rescue & Fire Fighting Services or Operations staff in modern bird control techniques. Our bird control college is recognised by the CAA. We already do this for 74 UK & European airports.
- We can provide a free assessment of your bird control problems and then propose proven solutions which will work.
- We can provide professional air traffic control engineering staff to manage / service your navaids and communications. We already do this for several airports.
- We can propose turn key proposals to manage your airport’s Air Traffic Control Services. We can be your ANSP and manage your SMS.
- We can provide recruitment services to find the right executive / manager for your airport.
- We can provide ATC Services by providing your airport with staff or acting as your ANSP. We already do this in the UK.
- We can manage your airport's growth from air/ground to AFISO or from AFISO to licenced CAA ATC Services. We already do this in the UK.
- We can carry out your initial 13km Safeguarding Survey. We already do this for UK Airports.
- We can conduct your annual site checks following the safeguarding survey. We already do this for UK Airports.
- We can advise on Health & Safety on your airport, train your staff or carry out safety audits and risk assessments. We do this for 14 airports.
What SafeSkys Can Offer To UK Airports
- Bird ControlServices
- Bird Control Training
- 13km Safeguarding Surveys
- Bird Control Expert Advice
- Annual Safeguarding Inspections
- Navaid & Comms Maintenance
- ATC Engineering
- Bird Control Operators
- Airport Services
- Turnkey Air Traffic Control Contracts
- Individual ATCOs (temporary or permanent)
- ANSP Services
- Pre-Owned Airport Equipment
- Consultancy Services
- Recruitment Services for ATCOs, ATCAs, FISOs, Air/Ground and ATC Engineers
- Facilities Management
Who We Employ
SafeSkys currently employs Air Traffic Controllers, Bird Controllers, ATC Engineers and Ground School Instructors for RAF pilots.
Please visit the Vacacies page to find out about the latest vacancies. Check out the European Common ATCO Licence initiative.
See the recruitment offers. SafeSkys can find the right executive for your airport or there is no fee.
ATCOs: Send your CV in and register for EURATCO.
Our Clients Include...
- RAF Stations in England, Scotland and Wales
- Inverness Airport
- Leeds Bradford Airport
- The Royal Air Force
- Lydd Airport
- Geo-Marine (USA)
- Oxford Airport
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Sheffield City Airport
- Dundee Airport
- Benbecula Airport
- Cambeltown Airport
- St Mary's, Scilly Isles
- Woodford Airport
- Exeter & Devon Airport
- Army Air Corps
- Dunsfold Airport
- Cambridge Airport
- London Luton International Airport
- BAE Systems
- Swansea Airport
- Army Air Corps Gutersloh
- Gamston Airport
- Carlisle Airport
- UK Ministry of Defence
- Highlands & Islands Airports (HIAL)
- Jersey International Airport
- Kent International Airport
- Barton Aerodrome
- Shoreham Airport
- Coventry Airport
- North Weald Airport
- Wycombe Air Park
- 4FTS, RAF Valley
- Humberside Airport
- Sofia Airport, Bulgaria
- Blackbushe Airport
- North Denes Airport
- Duxford Airport
- London Southend International Airport
- Belfast Airport